Who is it for?
We work with business leaders in small to medium-sized companies in the professional services, software development, manufacturing, and technology. who need their employees at all levels to expand their capacities to collaborate and communicate to increase morale, productivity, and growth.
Typically, smart, and successful business leaders with whom we work with are fully immersed in running and growing their businesses daily. They struggle with how to grow their employees faster, smarter, and better to meet the challenges of today’s turbulent economy.
They are frustrated with the traditional learning and development activities that don’t seem to stick or provide the outcomes needed.
They understand the necessity of investing in employee development at all levels to be successful. They also realize that in today’s marketplace the talented employees they seek and want to retain are attracted to a workplace not only for the excellent salary and benefits, but also places where they can grow and develop their careers in a supportive and challenging workplace.
Very often, our clients are dealing with one or more of these challenges:
- Growing the capabilities of their leaders and employees to increase productivity and growth
- Having employees bring their “A” game to work
- Creating greater employee engagement, and cohesion for better communication and collaboration
- Attracting and retaining talented employees
- Stuck in running the business with no time for working on the business
The Development Sprint focuses on these three outcome-oriented learning practices:
- Using the Immunity to Change™ process that was developed to uncover participant’s hidden beliefs/assumptions that block their improvement in critical areas of self -improvement. It was developed by Robert Kegan and Lisa Lahey of Harvard University who are renowned experts in the science of human development
- Learning is a team sport. Participants quickly bond and learn in small cohort groups or teams where they give and receive feedback, support, and challenge to each other on a weekly basis. Accountability comes from peers rather than outside source.
- Expert coaching is provided throughout the Sprint to ensure that each participant gets the most out of the program.
What can you expect to gain in the Developmental Sprint?
- Immediate traction on their most pressing improvement goals through immediate application of their learning to their work context and co-workers.
- Gain deep insights into your self-limiting patterns of thinking and behaving and how to overcome them using the Immunity to Change™ process
- Develop the capability to use the simple, replicable Immunity to Change™ methodology for identifying and overcoming future challenges
- Experience your own development as a team sport where support and accountability come from peers rather than only yourself or an outside source.
- Expert coaching to ensure you get the most from the program
Here’s a sample of the Developmental Sprint improvement goals that participants have worked on:
- Giving feedback
- Having difficult conversations
- Fostering accountability
- Being more assertiveness
- Time Management
- Coaching others
- Setting direction
- Managing resistance to change
- Maintaining focus
Why does the Developmental Sprint work?
First, it gets the problem right. Transformational change requires more than “how to” information, techniques and theories that rely on “willpower” to be successful. Instead, the Developmental Sprint focuses on helping participants discover their self-limiting thinking and behaving that keeps them from making the changes they desire.
Think of this as the difference between downloading an app on your phone versus updating your operating system which gives you entirely new capabilities. The Developmental Sprint works at the level of your operating system – your mindset.
We leverage the power of peers to support participants learning and development. We believe that learning is best as a “team sport” where participants support and challenge one another rather than leaving participants to go it alone or rely on an outside source.
We integrate learning into ongoing work. Participants immediately apply what they learn in their own work/life contexts with their own colleagues and associates. Contrast this with trainings and workshops with strangers and where the application of the learning is delayed.
How does the Developmental Sprint work?
The Developmental Sprint process is unique from any learning and development approach on the market in that it is a focused It can be applied to individuals, teams, and companies.
In Just 4 Weeks
(Total time commitment: 8.5 hours per participant)
Bounded Time Commitment – Integration with Current Work/Life – Using Practical, Proven Methodology
Launch & Closing Workshops
Two high impact workshops bookend the process, and generate insight, Inspiration, and action.
Participants act on high leverage improvement goals connected to business or life priorities
Real Time Experiments
Participants regularly test, reflect on and refine new behaviors in the context of their regular work.
Participants meet weekly for accountability and support and to learn from each other
Expert Coaching Support
Expert coaches support participants through-out the Sprint program
How is the Developmental Sprint different from other approaches to learning and development?
First, it targets change in mindset and behavior rather than offering only techniques, information, or theories about change.
You can shift your behavior more easily and sustainably because you change the thinking behind your action or inaction. You’ve let go of old assumptions that have held you back and you move into a larger field of action than you thought possible.
Secondly, it leverages the power of peers to support one another’s development. Participants support and challenge one another rather than the usual go it alone approach.
Thirdly, change is integrated with participant’s ongoing work. They apply what they learn immediately and in their own work contexts with their own colleagues instead of offsite workshops with strangers.
Fourth, it offers a fast, powerful, scalable, and social application of the acclaimed Immunity to Change™ methodology developed by Harvard based colleagues, Robert Kegan and Lisa Lahey that provides both deep learning and increased team or group cohesion.
What the Development Sprint Is Not
- Just learning a set of new techniques, information, models, and theories about change
- A cookie cutter or do-it-yourself unstructured learning approach
- A learning program comprised of strangers without a shared accountability
- Learning without immediate application & feedback
Your Next Steps…
If you think the Development Sprint might make sense for you (and your organization), please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-646-3529
We’ll be in touch to set up a meeting to answer any questions you may have and make sure the Developmental Sprint is a right fit for you and your organization.